Phoebe!!!

I was blind and he opened my eyes, I was lost and he bought me home. I was a sinner and he died for me.

Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Well at the mo, im just trying to live the Life and Revoloution

Monday, April 10, 2006

The Great I Am

I had an interesting conversation with someone yesterday about whether other religions should be accepted or rejected by Christians. It was an interesting debate and sparked a long thought trail in my mind but i have found a few verses that back up my original thoughts and feelings:

"Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other"
isaiah 45:22

This verse is not a psalmist talking, nor is it a disciple, it is God. He is not speaking only to His children in Christ but to "all you ends of the earth". "For I am God, and there is no other". We couldn't have been told more clearly that there is no other God. This shows me that other religions cannot exist under real gods, there is only one true religion and that is the one that is born of God and follows Christ.

And also from the bible we understand that Christ is the only way to God.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
We are not told me clearly than this, "the only way to the Father is through me"
So we cannot get to the Father through Mohammed, we cannot get to him via any Hindu God o sacrifice, the only way we can reach the Father is through trusting and beleiving in Christ's sacrifice on the cross. This is the only way are sins are washed as white as snow, and the only means by which we enter into an eternal relationship with our Father and Creator.

However this is not the end of the story. I do not think that after reading this, we should all go out and tell the muslims, the hindus and any other religions that they are in the wrong and are deeply misunderstanding God. I think we need to tread very carefully around other religions, i do not mean that we should go around teling everyone that it is alright to be a muslim or hindu, but i mean that we should show them Christ's love, just as he would have done. All we must do is love them like Jesus. Yes they may be in the wrong, but having huge theological debates and arguing about everything wont always win the battle. Christ's love will always persevere.

Glo
x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home