Phoebe!!!

I was blind and he opened my eyes, I was lost and he bought me home. I was a sinner and he died for me.

Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Well at the mo, im just trying to live the Life and Revoloution

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Where's the Revoloution?

Ok so today's might not be the best post ever because I'm having a bit of a downer. Read 1 Corinthians 13 last night i had a bit of a crisis...

" If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. " 1 Corinthians 13v1-3

What if I've been doing everything according to "the rules", i read my bible every evening, i send people verses, i "mmm" occasionally while others are praying and so on, but this verse tells me its all worth nothing if i dont have love, even being a matyr is worth nil! What a shocker, so (just trying to get my head round this) if i am the most famous preacher in the world, if i can heal the sick and prophesise, but I have no love, "I am nothing".


Recently i have felt a movement. I am learning verses, and listening to brill sermons, and i have a better understanding of Christ and what he did than ever before, but I have neglected love, the greatest gift of all, to name but a few verses on the topic:

Mathew 22v36-40
""Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

John 10:17
"The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again."

John 13:34
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."

John 15:9
"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love."

Colossians 3:12
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."

1 Corinthians 13v4-7
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

Oh boy, i need that love back again, the unconditional love, love that is beyond looks and what is on the outside, the love that puts its life on the line, love that forgives, susteins, is patient and slow to anger and brings hope, yeah, it may sound cheesy but its Christ's love and I'm so desperate for it! I need the revolution of this love back again, like when i first received it from Christ, like when i first found out the power it contains...

I pray that we all receive this love, bountiful and rich and that we never forget it, or leave it behind in our haste to know more, nor sidetrack it in our worry to do whats right in the eyes of others, or deny it to others because we are too concerned with what will happen as a consequence.

We have been given our definition of love already in Corinthians 13, but from a different perspective the "Reader's Digest A-Z" (illustrated as well, but that does not concern you!)
love: 1, an intense affectionate concern for another person. 2 (skipping two, naughty content im afraid!) 3, A beloved person. Often used as a term of endearment. 4, A strong fondness or enthusiasm for something, 5. Man's devotion to, or adoration of God. 6, The benevolence, kindness, or brotherhood that human beings should rightfully feel towards each other....and the list does go on...

We all need this love, the love that perseveres, i hope and pray that i never deny anyone of the love that Christ has so willingly given me, and at such a cost he has given it!



Now, all my love
Phoebe

a quick quote from my bible notes, "not speaking in tongues, nor prophesising, nor healing but love, love is the sure sign of God's revolution let loose on earth"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home